List of weapons in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Hand to hand fighting prevails with this slot. Press square to block.
- Fist - The basic weapon and the only one you start off with. The more muscle you have the stronger your punches will be.
- Brass Knuckles - Used to give your punches extra bang for the buck - but only a little.
If you're tired of using just your fists then put your arms to a different use and swing some of these at someone.
- Baseball Bat - Good for home runs and general beat 'em up action. Carried by a few gang members.
- Golf Club - Wrap that 7 Iron around that Balla's face. Found at golf courses.
- Shovel - Great for knocking people out and then burying the evidence. Carried by farmers mainly.
- Nightstick - The cops' trusted ally in the fight against crime, rarely useful against someone with a gun though. Obtained from killing cops.
- Cane - Used as a walking stick, or it used to be until you stole it. One can be found outside Didier Sachs.
- Pool Cue - Get this from the little pool side games in pubs.
- Knife - Excellent for stealth kills, it will be used in a few missions. One of the most practical melee weapons.
- Katana - If you feel like recreating Kill Bill then look no further than this weapon.
- Chainsaw - Rev it up and let rip with this powerful melee weapon.
The pistol is the basic weapon that will be used quite a bit early on but only as a fallback later on as you gain access to more powerful weapons.
- Pistol - Based on a Colt.45. The most basic weapon. A lot of gang members will carry this as well as the cops. When you reach Hitman status with this weapon you can wield two of them at once. 17 rounds per magazine.
- Silenced Pistol - Using this in public won't cause people to run away like usual, ideal for stealth kills from a distance. 17 rounds per magazine.
- Desert Eagle - An extremely powerful handgun, far more deadly than the other two pistols. It makes a one hit kill. 7 rounds per magazine.
For serious stopping power at short range you'll want to look no further than these weapons. All equal a one hit kill.
- Shotgun - The standard pump action shotgun. Fire, reload and repeat. Used by Rangers when you have a 3 star wanted level.
- Combat Shotgun - Based on the SPAS-12. Rapid fire action increases the chances that you'll take out your target. 7 rounds per reload.
- Sawnoff Shotgun - A true underworld weapon. If you reach Hitman status with these you'll be able to dual wield. 2 rounds per reload.
The easy way to take down people early on is with one of the SMG's and they still prove to be reliable weapons later on as you can move and shoot with some of them.
- Micro SMG - Hud icon looks like a MAC-11 but ingame model is a Micro UZI. Another old favourite back for another appearance in a GTA game. Reach Hitman status with this and you'll be able to wield two at once allowing you to fire 100 bullets before having to reload. 50 rounds per magazine.
- Tec 9 - Almost identical to the Mac 10 except it maybe makes a slightly different noise. Another rough and ready weapon that will more often than not get the job done.. 50 rounds per magazine.
- SMG - Based on the MP5. The most powerful SMG. You can't dual wield when you reach Hitman but the power more than makes up for it. You'll feel its power if you start getting shot by the FBI as they carry these guns. 30 rounds per magazine.
 Assault Rifles
When you want to cause some serious pain on your target then the assault rifle is the way to go.
- AK47 - The terrorist's weapon choice, but with a long range and almost unmatched power it is a very handy weapon. Useful for killing everything from people and cars to helicopters in a fairly short amount of time. 30 rounds per magazine.
- M4 - The army's choice. Virtually identical in power and range to the AK47, just you can fire 20 more shots before having to reload. Arguably the best weapon. 50 rounds per magazine.Also has less recoil than the AK-47
If you're fed up of weapons locking on automatically then try weapons in this category. They require manual aiming and are particularly satisfying when you get a headshot. Both rifles are single shot.
- Rifle - Classic rifle, used a lot by farmers. Small level of zoom in when you aim to fire, a shot to the head usually kills instantly unless your target has a lot of body armor.
- Sniper Rifle - HUD icon looks like a HK PSG1. Ingame it looks and functions like a bolt action. Works the same was it always has done. Large level of zoom for long distance kills, very satisfying to know your target didn't know what hit them.
 Heavy Weaponry
Ok, now we're into the league of causing mass destruction. These weapons have the ability to raise your wanted level faster than any other.
- Vulcan Minigun - You saw it in Terminator 2 and loved it. It was there in Vice City and it's back again. Few other weapons can cause so much damage from a standing position. Tears through cars and people with ease. It goes through ammo as fast as targets though. 500 rounds per reload.
- Flamethrower - Burn baby burn! As useful as it ever was except now small fires can turn into big ones over time, so watch out you don't get caught up in it. 500 rounds per reload.
- Rocket Launcher - Based on an RPG. Same basic principle as it always was. Aim, fire, destroy. Where CJ actually stores this weapon when he's not using it is another story though. One missile per reload.
- Heat-seeking Missile Launcher -Based on the STINGER. What's better than a rocket launcher? How about a weapon that fires rockets that home onto targets? That's what you get with this weapon. One of the most badass weapons imaginable, when you find one make sure you put it to good use. One missile per reload.
 Thrown Weapons
If you're tired of simply pulling triggers then try this category of weapons.
- Grenades - With a timed fuse from the minute it leaves your hand make sure you throw it far enough. Good for bouncing around corners or clearing an area out before you charge in guns blazing. Equal in power to the rocket launcher.
- Molotov Cocktails - Poor man's grenade but just as effective. The fire will spread so be careful where you use these.
- Satchel Explosives - Extremely powerful explosive. Activated with a detonator and will stick to any surface. Using one automatically will get you a one star wanted level no matter where you use it.
- Tear gas - Causes temporary blindness and health loss to everyone. Handy if you only want to cause a small amount of damage,but who honestly really wants to just do small amounts of damage? Also good if you want to make a getaway with out the cops being able to shoot you strait away.
 Handheld Items
Not really weapons, but you can still only have one item in this category in your possession at once.
- Fire Extinguisher - Does exactly what it says on the tin. Can be used on people as well and will be used in a few missions. 200 rounds per err.. tank.
- Camera - Again, will be used in a few missions. You can take pictures of anything you like and save it to your memory card if you get one you want to keep. Has a long zoom and needed for the Photo Ops side missions. 36 rounds per clip.
- Spray Can - Used to graffiti your tag over rival gang tags. Spray all 100 for a nice reward. This can be used to stop people in their tracks and eventually kill them as well. 200 rounds per clip.
This slot is for things to give to your girlfriend to help increase your relationship percentage. They can also be used as weapons.
- Flowers - Just run through any flower garden to pick these up.
- Dildo - Found in the shower of a police station. Makes a... unique weapon. *eyes twitching*
- Vibrator - Can be found behind the dumpster by the boatyard across the Gant Bridge.
 Other items
Again, not really weapons but they're listed here nonetheless.
- Parachute - Used for skydiving to avoid you becoming a stain on the pavement.
- Night Vision Goggles - Handy for seeing in the dark to avoid you shooting or moving blind.
- Thermal Goggles - If you want to detect heat sources then these are definitely the items for you.
Related ThreadsFull San Andreas Information!!! - last post @ Jul 21, 2004
Full Information on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - last post by @ Sep 7, 2004
Full Information: GTA:San Andreas (with screenshots) - last post by @ Jul 23, 2004
If San Andreas Had Trophies... - last post by @ Oct 15, 2010
MDC-San Andreas Mass Destruction Club-Numba 2! - last post by @ Nov 3, 2005