Kendl Johnson (Born 1970) is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a main character in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as the player character (Carl Johnson)'s sister. She is shown to be dating Cesar Vialpando throughout the game (making her the connection between Cesar and Carl).
Kendl is CJ and Sweet's sister, and the older brother of the late Brian Johnson and the 4 of them are the children on Beverly Johnson (who dies just before the game starts). She is also Cesar Vialpando's girlfriend, and therefore affiliated with both Cesar's Varrios Los Aztecas and the Grove Street Families. After learning about Big Smoke and Ryder's betrayal, CJ requests that Cesar bring Kendl to safety by fleeing from Los Santos. Later in the storyline, Cesar pondered proposing to Kendl, but the question of whether Kendl accepted or not remains unanswered. Kendl is depicted as intelligent and pragmatic, which suggests that although her brothers turned to crime as a last resort to support themselves, Kendl could become successful within the bounds of the law, which makes her the "brains" of CJ's business ventures. She possesses entrepreneurial talents, strong willpower, creativity, and a sense of leadership. In fact, it was Kendl who came up with the idea of "Letting money work for you" and when CJ responded with, "I ain't going to no college man", she shot back that she will take care of it. She has little tolerance for whining or complaining or complacecy, which causes CJ and others to regard her as a bit bossy. This is exemplified in the mission Zeroing In, when she discovers everyone sitting around playing poker and chastises them, questioning if that was how they would build their business.
Kendl has two known deceased relatives; her mother Beverly and her youngest brother Brian.
She was voiced by Yo-Yo.
 Mission appearances
- The Introduction
- Big Smoke (Voice)
- Sweet & Kendl
- Cesar Vialpando
- High Stakes, Low Rider
- King in Exile
- Wear Flowers in Your Hair
- Deconstruction (Boss)
- Zeroing In
- Customs Fast Track
- A Home in the Hills
- End of the Line
- Kendl is only seen in cutscenes and is nowhere to be seen in actual missions. Even in "High Stakes, Low Rider", where Kendl was supposed to be riding with Cesar, she is not seen and a street pedestrian is seen with Cesar, instead.
- Deconstruction is the only mission where Kendl is the boss.
- The only time Kendl calls Carl "CJ" is the mission King In Exile.
- Kendl's beta model wears a black #81 football jersey with "BROWN" on the back, blue track pants and white shoes. The model can still be found inside game files, and was edited slightly by Rockstar into a pedestrian model: "BROWN" was changed to "CROON", the "81" to "31", and black to purple.
- Kendl is the only woman in San Andreas that can be seen wearing a green top.
This page has been accessed 193 times.